Displaying items by tag: pizza
Pizza's come highly recommended from Lucy's Restaurant in Fornham All Saints. This neighbourhood restaurant has adapted so well to the lockdowns and continues to offer an excellent takeaway and delivery service. Check their website for the menu as pizza's change regularly. Don't forget to order yourself a pud too. 5 mini cannoli for £5.99.
What's that I hear you say? The Amelie Flam-kuche flatpack is a new on-line, delicious, UK delivery ready meal, from father and son team Regis and Alex Crepy at Amelie Restaurant in Cambridge. Flammekeuche is a traditional Alsace dish, so think France meets Germany. It could be described as a skinny pizza, but it's rather more like an unleavened pastry or flatbread. Thin with crispy edges as it comes out of the oven and the perfect snack at any time of the day. You can choose the toppings when ordering your flatpack (which contains 4 bases and will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge) then it's a quick assembly job; which is also fun and easy for children to do, cook for six minutes in a very hot oven. Et Voila!
- sour cream is traditionally used on a flammekueche base, here with Amelie signature creme fraiche
- Toppings are freshly prepared. Piquant, sliced onions, mushrooms and mozzarella with the pesto adding colour and punch
- Preheat the oven to 230 C and it takes just six minutes to cook
- Voila! We chose the mushroom and mozzarella flatpack
We went for a pizza which was delicious, but the Espresso Martini's at The LP in Bury St Edmunds are magnificient.
- Sophisticated, stimulating and strong. The perfect Espresso Martini.
- The Elton John (mozzarella, anchovies, capers, artichoke hearts and olives)
- Goats cheese and pancetta salad with a Stevie Wonder (Piri-piri chicken,chorizo, mixed peppers and Mozzarella}a
Pizza Rosso has certainly put some life into The Railway Tavern in Elmswell. Friday night's only, grab yourself a lovely thin and crispy stone baked pizza from the food truck in the car park (from about 5pm to 8.30pm). Order your pizza, pop into the pub and have a pint while you wait for a text to tell you the pizza's ready. We ordered the Carne with salami, spicy beef and prosciutto and the special Code di Gambero with cray fish tails, jalapeno, sweetcorn and cajun seasoning. The smoked chipotle chilli dip was so fiery that it called for another pint of Aspall's. Lovely service from the owner and his mum, plus a pudding of the day too. Note that The Tavern, as the locals call it, only takes cash and despite it being run down has a dart board, a pool table and a friendly landlord. Unlike Elmswell Fox who has a grumpy landlord, I mean who shouts at customers for walking through a door in the wrong direction? Pizza Rosso is in Woolpit on a Monday, Stanton on Tuesday, Bacton on Wednesday and Thurston on Thursdays.
- Code di Gambero with crayfish tails, jalapeno, sweetcorn and cajun seasoning
- Carne with salami, spicy beef and prosciutto ham
- open from 5.30pm until about 8.30pm
Leftover French bread turned into a pizza for lunch today. Did you know that if you run a stale baguette under the cold tap for a second and then place it in a hot oven for 5 or 10 minutes it's nearly as good as new?